Why this tool is essential!
Social networks are essential in your marketing strategy. Indeed, the number of users is continuously increasing and we know that more and more people are using social media to get information, communicate and learn.
Planning is the key to benefiting from all the potential offered by social networks and therefore increasing your visibility, your notoriety and your SEO. Several tools are available to you to facilitate the management of these platforms. Our favorite planning tool? An editorial calendar!
What is it ?
As its name suggests, an editorial calendar is simply a monthly calendar that aims to have a global view of all the content that will be shared with your audience in a month or even a year. You can start by asking yourself:
- Are there any key dates or events to communicate with my audience? Release of new products, events, promotions, parties, etc.
- What are my different goals?
- What types of content do I want to share? You can make publications, “stories”, videos, infographics, share the publication of a new blog article or a new video, etc.
- What is my budget?
Gathering all the relevant points related to your business will allow you to have a good marketing strategy, and thus, your person designated for the management of your social networks will only have to refer to it in order to create adapted content.
To achieve your goals, you will need to carefully define the social platforms on which you want to be present. No need to try to be on all platforms at the same time! Choose the ones that best suit your needs and where you will be able to reach your target customers.
Here’s a little infographic to help you better.
Planning of publications.
The key to success on social media is consistency. By answering the previous questions, you will have a good idea of the best frequency for your posts based on the volume of relevant content to share. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you have 2 or 7 posts per week, the main thing is to stay constant. A good publication rate will allow you better visibility and better engagement.
Your editorial calendar should contain:
- The date of publication (including the day and time)
- The subject / theme
- The texts (for each platform)
- Visuals (for each platform)
- The target audience
- Hashtags (if needed)
- Advertising budget (if necessary)
In order to get the maximum benefit from an editorial calendar, you have to put time and passion into it. Then there are a lot of important steps left such as content creation, writing, interactions and so on. A media watch (or competitive watch) is also required in order to stay informed on new practices and trends!
At Arcane Évolution, our social media expert takes care of the creation of editorial calendars for each of our clients. We can also take care of yours! Here’s what to expect:
- A first meeting to determine your needs
- Update information on online profiles and, if necessary, the creation of missing platforms for your target customers
- Creation of content for the different platforms with the information obtained following our meeting (example: promotion of your products, posting of new blogs, promotion of the day, etc.)
- Creation of the editorial calendar
- Client presentation and approval
- Publication and uploading
The editorial calendar is without a doubt a fabulous indispensable tool for all social media managers, and it will be for you too!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to write to us!