A way to stand out
We use almost all hashtags, whether for our work or in our daily personal life. But do you really know what they are for and how to use them strategically?
This article is for everyone involved, directly or indirectly, in the communication strategy of the company in which they work!
The hashtag, what is it for?
The benefits of using the hashtag are multiple, including:
- Increase the reach and visibility of your content
- Create engagement
- Create a promotional campaign
Indeed, the search for hashtag is very present on social networks. Your customers will therefore be able to find you more easily if you use them and this will also increase your visibility. You can even invite your customers to use hashtags related to your products!
Quantity and quality of hashtags
In order to have the expected results, you have to take the time to find the most relevant hashtags for your business.
It is essential that your hashtags describe:
- The publication
- Who are you
- Your ideal audience
In order to find the best options, why not start by doing a search to see what is popular and related to the desired product or service? Take the example of Instagram where the use of hashtags is most useful. Hashtag searches are done directly on the platform in the search bar. Start with broad keywords that seem obvious to you. Then move on to more specific keywords. Feel free to use synonyms!
During your research, Instagram offers you a selection of related hashtags. This feature will be useful for you to find hashtags that you might have forgotten.
Lacking inspiration for finding hashtags? Here are some tools that might help:
Both of these platforms can be very handy for brainstorming during your search. This will allow you to discover keywords that you might not have thought of.
- It’s important to balance popularity and creativity: For each hashtag you find, look at the number of related posts. This is the number of posts that have used this hashtag. The higher the number of related posts, the more popular the hashtag. But beware! If you only use overly popular hashtags, it will be difficult for you to stand out. The ideal is to find hashtags that are between 125k and 500k related posts.
- Be specific…but not too specific: Make sure the hashtags you use are relevant to your post and reach your audience. However, if you are too specific, the publication will not have an exponential reach.
- Adapt your hashtags to the platform: hashtags are not used in the same way on all networks!
Our best advice: use hashtags! For example, Instagram allows you 30 hashtags per post. Use them! Each hashtag can help you reach a new audience. This is an essential step to include in the development of your social media strategy.
A little trick to finish? Researching hashtags is a good way to do competitive intelligence and know your competitors!
At Arcane Evolution, our social media expert takes care of managing our clients’ accounts. She will not only be able to associate the best hashtags with your publications, but she will also be able to guide you on the particularities of each of the platforms on which you are present. Of course, she will be able to create your complete editorial calendar to ensure that your strategy bears fruit!
Contact us for a meeting, we will be able to help you with your digital marketing!