Society, as it is currently developing, is driven and strongly influenced by social networks and the Internet. It goes without saying that merchants know how to use the various platforms offered to their advantage. Whether you are a small start-up or a well-established company, it is important to know how to choose your web agency with precision. “But what is a Web agency?”, you will ask me. The following text will guide you through the definition of this term, the different categories of agencies and the important points to take into account when making your selection.
At the time, specialized in the creation of websites, the web agencies emerged in the mid-90s. However, the expansion of the Internet, having completely exploded, led to the so-called agencies to personalize themselves by creating several sub-categories (programming, network management, graphic design, SEO, etc.). Basically, digital agencies are specialized companies distinguished by their quality of communications on the Internet. In short, these agencies aim to help you develop the digital presence of your company through the creation of a website, a logo or a complete or partial management of your company’s social networks.
The different types of services
As in all fields, competition takes its toll and the Web agency is no exception. That’s why web agencies have pushed themselves to develop and customize in certain areas of the web to improve their service. For example, some services are available at some agencies while others do not offer these options.
There are five main sub-domains available:
- Web development: Service that is defined by writing a website in a technical language. This is an essential step in publishing a functional website. It is important to choose web development specialists who excel in the field since a company’s website is a solid foundation that provides professionalism.
- Mobile development: Service that specializes in the design and creation of software suitable for mobile platforms. It is therefore possible for companies that do business with a digital agency offering this service to provide their customers with one or more functional mobile applications.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and advertising : SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) encompasses all the techniques orchestrated to put forward the position of a website on the search engine results pages. In short, SEO specialists offer great visibility to your web identity.
- WebMarketing: Service that, as its name suggests, includes all the marketing techniques implemented to make a company or a product known on the Internet.
- Community Management: Specialty that is more public-facing since it manages communications between companies and their customers. These exchanges, however, are only present on social networks. This service gives your company a personality.
The importance of knowing your priorities
It is common knowledge that creating a web presence is no small task. However, knowing that most Web agencies specialize in one or more services, you need to know your priorities for your company.
GET INFORMED! The first step in choosing the right digital agency for you is to find out what services they offer. As mentioned earlier, not all agencies offer the full range of services you are looking for.
ASK YOURSELF! After shopping around for the digital agencies that interest you, it’s important to think about your priorities. Would you rather invest in a customer-focused community management agency or one that specializes in professional website design? In this sense, if you know your company’s goals, it is easier to choose a web agency that fits them.
LISTEN TO YOURSELF! Remember that, first and foremost, YOU are the clients of digital agencies. It is essential that you have complete confidence in them as they are there to execute your biggest projects. Don’t be afraid to approach representatives of different agencies to see which ones you feel most comfortable with.
In conclusion, the choice of your digital agency is 100% up to you. Rely on your agency’s shopping around as there is nothing worse than missing a good opportunity because we didn’t do enough research. Also note that the path of your business is a personal aspect of your goals so don’t rush it!
If you have any other questions, we will be happy to answer them!